Friday, November 25, 2022

I Hope Someone Takes You In--a dream

 Sometimes the words in dreams, paired with the feelings they evoke, stay with us because they awaken such undertones of meaning. Not long again, I had a dream:

A special man was opening a practice and a crowd of people milled around outside the office. I felt how special it would be to be considered as part of his team. Even though I knew many people were eager to join him, I approached his assistant and asked her if I could apply to be a part of the team. She smiled and told me to follow her. She said simply, “I have to take you in,” and she led me through the crowd. Her words remind me of many times in my life when someone took me in, and I felt a part of something vastly important. I’m sure that the disciples of the great teachers have felt that way when they were acknowledged and accepted. I hope someone sees you, and “takes you in.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Disappearing Client I often reflect on the strangeness of serving as a psychotherapist. It's hard to know the impact of my work, bec...